GRADUATE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
- FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY FOR A RECENT GRAD TO START CAREER
- GLOBAL FOOD EXPORTER SYDNEY BASED
- FANTASTIC CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
GRADUATE INTERNSHIP WITH AN INDUSTRY LEADER WITHIN THE AGRICULTURAL SECTOR
Your new company
Mulwarra Export is a leader in the international export of premium Australian protein, primarily meat products. For over two decades it has been exporting globally, enhancing its customers experiences by reliably delivering consistent products with an exceptionally high level of service. Sourcing through the company’s supply chain, it services hotel chains, high end restaurants, wholesalers and airline caterers through import distributors in over 35 countries. Having established long term relationships with key partners along the food service supply chain in select regions of Australia, Mulwarra prides itself on its professionalism, unique range of specialty products and attention to detail in every order. Our brands are trusted and are synonymous with quality, reliability and consistency of supply. With subsidiaries in Vietnam and the UAE, this is a first step for an agricultural or economics graduate to be part of a vibrant, exciting team whose products are recognisable internationally. Mulwarra is looking for a high calibre, switched on and articulated candidate to undertake a 3-year internship program learning all aspects of the business.
Your new role
Reporting to the Commercial Manager and working with a small team of experienced operators, the promotion of our most recent intern has resulted in the opportunity to offer this placement.
The successful candidate will assume accountability in providing a high level of support to the Mulwarra Sales team through effective management and scheduling of sales and associated forecasting, inventory management and proactive decision making to maximise customer service levels and ensure all orders are scheduled and shipped in full and on time.
Upon successful completion and understanding of these foundations, the role will transition into a company meat sales representative. You will be a recent graduate having just completed your studies or perhaps with up to 2 years’ experience. At Mulwarra you will be learning about the provenance and characteristics of various products with a focus on meat and seafood. Understanding the needs of customers and the various ways of fulfilling orders from overseas customers and matching them with the company’s production levels will be a key part of the role. As your knowledge grows as will your interaction with customers until you eventually control your own small territory.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Tertiary qualifications in business or commerce, agricultural economics, agricultural science, animal science or associated disciplines, with a general understanding of agricultural systems preferred;
- The ability to organise, multitask, prioritise and work under pressure is imperative, along with the ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise;
- Attention to detail and great time management skills;
- A strong solution and results driven focus with the ability to critically analyse data and make informed decisions based on that analysis;
- A high level of communication and interpersonal expertise, resulting in great customer service leading to long term rapport and relationships;
- Evidence of strong ethics and trade practices, supported by a practical, can-do attitude;
- Skillsets to negotiate Excel, Outlook and MS word to a high level; and
- A strong desire to learn and be part of a dynamic and successful team.
- A willingness to engage and participate as an active social member of an office environment.
- We are seeking someone with a ‘can do attitude’ enthusiastic, excellent communicator with drive to succeed in this dynamic industry. An agricultural related qualification and experience working in the industry is highly desirable.
What you’ll get in return
Flexible commencement date and the ability to support a university transition role for graduates.
- Offering a central location, fun, friendly and warm culture with a stable organisation that is continually growing and expanding its business overseas.
- On completing your internship, you will have the opportunity to meet with customers face to face.
- A structured learning environment with clear outcomes allowing you to continue to progress as an industry professional within the Agricultural Industry
- This position can offer you an immediate start.
- You will be paid $55,000 + super.
- Career progression is highly supported and encouraged.
- Fantastic modern office in great location (Chatswood, NSW)
Contact Damian Chown at email@example.com
MULWARRA EXPORT PTY LTD
T: +61 2 9415 1499 | F: +61 2 9415 1141 | M: +61 (0) 418 112 054